Tuesday, June 26, 2007

NECC...Finally

Arrived Sunday in Atlanta - finally- after an endless traffic backup on I-20 on the way in. It wasn't exactly endless, but when you're anxious to get somewhere 45 minutes seems like days!

There has been lots to see and do here, the thing that has been most disheartening is that the things I wanted to see and do the most have been closed out. I was most interested in the Web 2.0/ School 2.0 info. Evidently, so is everyone else. I hope folks who did get into those sessions do a good job blogging what they saw so the rest of us can get the info.

I've learned a lot in the vendor area. For my own kids, the maker of POKEMON has created a Pokemon learning league. It's designed to be similar to the cartoon show. I can see my 8 year old going nuts over this.

The other thing I was able to try was the Samsung Ultramobile PC. I had wanted to see this in action. It's just way tooooooooo coooooooollllll! It has a 7 inch screen a 40 or 60 GB hard drive and can run any application that a "normal" pc can run. It has a thumb QWERTY keyboard on either side of the screen and a built in mouse. It also has touch screen capabilities. I'm putting that on my wish list for Santa this year!

0 comments: